- handling customer requests for report data validation
- developing reporting data models (Microstrategy, PowerBI)
- managing Azure DWH ETL processes
- monitoring system performance
- optimising cost of systems in Azure
- fixing ETL loads
- designing and implementing fixes to the current DWH processes
- developing changes in existing Data Platforms
- communicating with end-users and vendors
- developing proof of concept projects for new technologies (researching new technologies)
- handling other support requests related to Azure / Data Platform
What we require
Very good knowledge of SQL and at least a B2 level of the English language are essential for this role.
Ideally, the candidate would have a degree in computer science or a related field. We accept candidates from other backgrounds, but you must have either some database-related job experience or training/certificates confirming your SQL knowledge.
Our experience shows that candidates that we hire have at least 500 hours of practical SQL/DB experience, whether it’s work, university or self-study.
It would be great to have some data warehousing/reporting background. If not, we will expect you to read Kimball’s books (if you know them already, you’re almost certain to get an offer from us).
If you have any extra data science/data engineering-related skills (Python/R/Synapse/GCP), it would be a great advantage.
What we offer
As you grow you would be given new, more senior responsibilities. There is no specific path, as long as you are proactive and show what direction you would like to go towards. We are willing to do everything to accommodate that.
You will be working with experienced colleagues from whom you can learn. We ask everyone in the team who starts as a junior to get certified data warehousing technologies, most likely Microsoft. We cover the expenses related to certification.